We have your Answers...

When it comes to choosing the perfect place to live off-campus, we know that asking the right questions is key!

To make things easier for everyone, we've compiled a list of the most common things we are asked about, complete with answers!

If there's anything else you're curious about, please make sure to reach out to our friendly staff and we'll be more than happy to help!


Where is The Fields of Bluegrass Located?

1051 Red Mile Road
Lexington, KY 40504
(859) 455-8208

Is Parking Available?

Yes. There is a $35.00 parking permit.

How Close is the Campus?

The Fields of Bluegrass' location is only 0.7 miles from University of Kentucky; making a walk to class a breeze.

What is Individual Leasing?

With Individual Leases, YOU are only responsible for YOUR (or your student's) rent. You aren’t liable for your roommates' rent at all! Unlike a traditional lease or a joint lease, if your roommate transfers, graduates, or fails to pay his/her rent, it does not affect you or your lease. College students have enough to worry about. An individual lease is one less thing!

How Does Roommate Matching Work?

The Fields of Blue Grass offers FREE Roommate Matching to our residents. Your student won't have to worry about finding a roommate online or flyering the entire campus, we'll do the work for you and all you have to do is simply fill out a questionnaire!

Do I Need Renters Insurance?

In our efforts to continue striving to create a safer living environment for your son or daughter, we now require all residents to carry an active renter's insurance policy during their lease term. Requiring renters insurance has become a common practice throughout both on and off-campus student apartments to adequately protect student's belongings such as text books, phones, electronics and other valuables. Our research has found that most of these items, if damaged or stolen, fall under your homeowner's deductible so there is no coverage in place. A renter's insurance policy also works to protect you from liability exposure created while your child is away from home such as negligent damage to the apartment unit, negligent damage to another resident's property or even injuries to guests while visiting. Renter's insurance provides peace of mind and protection from the unforeseen events that sometimes occur. For your convenience, we've identified a National insurance provider that has agreed to provide a comprehensive policy to residents at our communities at a preferred group rate!

Do You Have Furniture Available?

Don't worry about hiring movers or renting a truck, Red Mile Village is fully furnished. The days of moving a bed up a flight of stairs are long gone... just bring your personal items and you're set! Each apartment comes with all major appliances, living room and bedroom furniture. Each bedroom has an Full XL bed with plenty of storage room underneath.

What is the Resident Portal?

All of our residents and their guarantors have access to our online resident portal, helping you and them keep up to date with their life here in Lexington! You or your student can pay rent online via checking or savings account, set up automatic monthly payments, and submit maintenance requests, all with just a few clicks of your mouse!

Can I Bring My Pet With Me?

YES! At The Fields of Bluegrass we LOVE our furry family members and want you to bring them with you! Make sure to register with the office and be advised that pet fees, additional pet rent and breed restrictions may apply.

How can I arrange to see an apartment?

Call the leasing office at 859.455.8202

What kind of information will The Fields of Blue Grass need from me to
process my rental application?

To ensure that students are the only people leasing from Campus Habitat, to rent an apartment the leasing office will need a state-issued photo ID and a student ID. If you don’t have a student ID you will have to provide some other proof of your enrollment.

Is there an application fee?

Yes, There is a $50 lease signing fee that you can pay with a check, credit card, or money order. The application process is straight-forward and simple. All you need to bring to the lease signing are valid state ID and proof that you are a student (such as your campus ID).

How do I pay my rent?

As stated in your lease, you may only pay your rent with credit card or bank account via online payments. Aside from online payments we will also be taking checks's; money orders, which we will process electronically. You can mail money orders to: 1051 Red Mile Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40504

You can find the link to the online payments under the "Residents" option on the menu located at the top of each webpage. Under this, an option for "Pay Your Rent" will appear when you move your mouse over the menu. Following the "Resident Portal" link will take you to the Resident portal that allows you to pay your rent online. You will need to contact the office for your account number for initial set up.

What are the leasing terms?

The Fields of Bluegrass offers three leasing terms per school year. For the 2018-2019 school year, lease terms are: August 15, 2018 – December 31, 2018 (Additional Short Term Lease Fee); August 15, 2018 – May 31, 2019 (Additional Short Term Lease Fee) and August 15, 2018- July 31, 2019. Please Note Short Term Leases are Limited, please contact the office at 859-455-8208 for more information.

What if I want to move in before that?

An early move-in might be possible for an additional fee. Contact the leasing office for more information.

Can I ship stuff to The Fields of Bluegrass to arrive before I do?

We can hold onto a few small packages for you here at the office. Call the office for more details.

What utility accounts do I need to establish? What is included?

Internet, Cable, Electric, Gas Heat, Hot Water, Water, Sewer, and Trash are included in your rent. If you would like a land phone-line Verizon can provide you with this service.

Why should I get renter's insurance?

Renters insurance is required in order to move into The Fields of
Bluegrass. It protects your personal property from fire, theft, or natural disasters. Grad Guard is the insurance company that is provided through The Fields of Bluegrass for $15 per month. You are also allowed to provide your own proof of renters insurance.

What is my mailing address?

We have many different building addresses. Just contact the office and we will be happy to send your new address to you within 2 weeks of your scheduled move in!

Where do I pick up my mail?

Steel mailboxes are located in the front of all the buildings. Packages will generally be delivered to your apartment door unless otherwise specified.

How do I connect to the network and internet?

Each apartment is equipped with its own User Login and Password for additional security. Please contact the office for your apartments Login information.

Something broke. How do I submit a maintenance request?

You can submit a maintenance request using our automated maintenance request system. The service request form can be found on the menu located at the top of the webpage "Residents". If you place your mouse cursor over the "Residents" option a pop-down menu will appear and you will see the option "Resident Portal". When you click on the this option you will be taken to the webpage that allows you to submit your maintenance request.

What do I do if I have a maintenance emergency and it can't wait till morning?

If something has broke in your apartment and requires immediate attention and it is no longer office hours, please call the maintenance emergency number ASAP and our maintenance staff will be out in a jiffy! Please note that non emergencies will be billed to the resident for after hour services, including lock outs. Maintenance emergency # - 859-618-2539

I lost my keys, and now I'm locked out of my apartment!

During business hours you can call management for a replacement key. After business hours you can call the emergency cell phone to get let in for a $25 fee.

Can I paint the walls / attach stuff to them with duct tape?

When you move out, the apartment should look the same way it did when you moved in minus normal wear and tear. If tape has taken off paint from the walls or you change the color of the walls it must be touched up or put back to the original color or you will be charged for the cost of repainting the apartment.

I don't want some piece of furniture that came in the apartment. What should I do with it?

You have to keep the living room and bedroom furniture that comes with the apartment. You can choose to store it yourself, as long as it is back in the apartment before you move out.

Are we allowed to have pets and are there any fees?

Yes, you are allowed to have pets, but there are fees that need to be paid and all pets MUST be registered with the office. Restrictions apply, and all pets must pass the management pet interview. We allow TWO pets per apartment. There is a non-refundable pet fee of $300.00 and a $25.00 monthly pet rent per-pet. The deposit must be paid prior to move in, or stay of pet. Any illegal pets found in apartments will be fined $100 per occurrence. Also, non-pick up of pet waste will result in a $25 fine per occurrence. There are pet waste bags provided at each building location.

What happens if I drop out of school or decide to move and need to vacate early?
Can I get off the lease?

No. The best solution would be to find someone to take over your lease for you. You will need to notify the leasing office that you are interested in finding a replacement for your lease and the staff can provide you with further details for the process. It is the resident's responsibility to find a replacement.

When I leave, does everything in the apartment need to look exactly the way it did
when I moved in?

Except for normal wear and tear, the apartment must be returned in the same condition as it was when you took possession of it. It is your responsibility to fill in any nail holes so they are smooth with joint-compound (You can get materials to fill in nail holes from a hardware store). Tape should be removed carefully so as not to peel off the paint. Paint must be the original color at move in, color and brand is available upon request.

I'm going away for the summer. Where can I store my stuff?

One option you have for summer storage is to rent a storage space locally. Another option you have is to continue your lease for the summer months and leave your stuff there. This saves time and money because you don’t have to move twice. Not to mention, your apartment can provide a place to escape from the “parentals”.